This unique e-classes in pharmacy provides an introductory, yet comprehensive overview of the pharmaceutical sciences. It is the first of its kind to follow an interdisciplinary approach.
Why should I sign in for this?
- Here, learners are introduced to basic concepts related to the specific disciplines in the pharmaceutical sciences, including pharmaceutics, pharmacology, pharmacognosy, pharmacokinetics, and medicinal chemistry
- In an easy-to-understand style through rich videos, this course provides learners with up-to-date information and includes comprehensive coverage of all the topics as per PCI designed syllabus
- Get the flexibility to choose the modules depending on your need
- Learn online at your own pace and unlimited views to lectures till the concepts are cleared.
- Each chapter includes critical-thinking exercises, as well as review questions and practice problems.
- Sessions and evaluation of assignments by experienced faculty
- Simultaneous preparation for competitive exams
- Earn a certificate of completion at the end of a module
Human Anatomy and Physiology
This subject is designed to impart fundamental knowledge on the structure and functions of the various systems of the human body. The subject provides the basic knowledge required to understand the various disciplines of pharmacy. Upon completion of this course the student will get acquainted with the gross morphology, structure and functions of various organs of the human body, understand various homeostatic mechanisms and their imbalances and identify the various tissues and organs of different systems of human body.
This subject in first year communicates a fundamental knowledge on the preparatory pharmacy with arts and science of preparing the different conventional dosage forms. Along with this the student will also learn the history of profession of pharmacy, basics of different
dosage forms, pharmaceutical incompatibilities and pharmaceutical calculations and professional way of handling the prescription.
Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry
This subject deals with general methods of preparation and reactions of some organic compounds. Reactivity of organic compounds are also studied here. At the end of this course the student shall be able to write the structure, name and the type of isomerism of the organic compound, reaction, name the reaction and orientation of reactions, account for reactivity/stability of compounds.
The course deals with the various physicochemical properties and principle involved in designing of dosage forms/formulations. Upon the completion of the course student shall be able to apply these principles in lab for developing newer and effective dosage forms.
This course is designed to impart a fundamental knowledge on the art and science of various unit operations used in pharmaceutical industry materials used in pharma equipment designing, the material handling techniques and procedures to prevent environmental pollution and corrosion.
Eligibility: First- and Second-Year Pharmacy students
Duration: 6 months theoretical (self-paced)