Terms & Conditions of JCL
JCL’s mission is creating an environment of high-quality learning by way of an interactive teaching style and a special emphasis on practical orientation. We enable anyone anywhere to access our educational content to learn from our expert and experienced faculties through e-learning portal. We consider our e-learning model the best way to offer valuable educational content to our students/users. We need rules to keep our e-learning platform and services safe for our student, us, faculties/instructor community. These Terms apply to all your activities on the JCL website, the JCL mobile applications.
1. Copyright and Trademark Notice:
1. © 2019 Jehangir Centre for Learning
2. Jehangir Centre for Learning ®, JCL ® and all other logos appearing on our website bearing the ® symbol are registered trademarks under the
Indian Trademark Act, 1999.
3. Subject to the express provisions of this notice:
A. We own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights (including all logos bearing the ® trademark symbol) along with all other material appearing on our website;
B. All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
2. Copyright License:
1. You may:
A. View pages from our website on a web browser;
B. Stream audio/video files from our website; and
C. Use our website services by means of a web browser; subject to the other provisions of this notice.
2. Except as expressly permitted by the other provisions of this notice, you must not download any material from our website or save any such
material on your device.
3. Except as expressly permitted by this notice, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
4. You must not:
A. Republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
B. Sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
C. Show any material from our website in public;
D. Exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
E. Redistribute material from our website, save to the extent expressly permitted by this notice.
3. Acceptable Use:
1. You must not:
A. Use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance,
availability or accessibility of the website;
B. Use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
C. Use our website to copy, host, store, transmit, send, use, publish, or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, or other malicious computer software (malware).
D. Conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including data mining, data harvesting, data extraction on our website, or in relation to it, without our prior & express written consent.
4. Report Abuse:
5. Enforcement of Propriety Rights:
1. We take the protection of copyright and registered trademarks very seriously.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. So, in any case we do not store any of the payer’s payment or transaction information.
When you visit the JCL’s Official Web site, the following information may be collected from you, either voluntarily or involuntarily:
- Your Name, e-mail address and contact number when you communicate electronically with us;
Note: By submitting a payment through the online-payments site you are agreeing to these terms and conditions including any updated changes in terms and conditions from time to time through our website.
By clicking the link you will be redirected to the website of the third party for the purpose of online course fee payment. The third party website is not owned or controlled by JCL and contents thereof are not sponsored, endorsed or approved by the JCL. JCL does not vouch or guarantee or take any responsibility for any of the contents of the said website including transactions, product, services or other items offered through the website. You will access this site solely for the purpose of online payment of course fee and you acknowledge that any reliance on any opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information available on the site shall be at your sole risk and consequences.
JCL and its employees, officers, directors and other associates shall not be liable for any loss, claim or damage whatsoever including
- The event of deficiency in the service of such third-party websites
- Any consequences of error or failure of internet connection equipment hardware or software used to access the third-party website through this link
- Slowdown or breakdown of third-party website for any reason
- The event of the interception, “hacking” or other unauthorized access to information provided by a user of this service.
- The institute cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct institute account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details
- The institute cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason
- If the card supplier declines payment, the institute is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account
JCL is not directly involved in the online payment but through service provider. Thus, we shall be not responsible in any case until the course fee paid by student or parent is credited in to the JCL Bank Account.
By preceding further to access the said website it is presumed that you have agreed to the above and also the other terms and conditions applicable. These terms and conditions apply to the use of the online service for payment of Course Fee to JCL. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. JCL reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice. You should therefore re-read the terms and conditions each time that this service is used.
Upon completing an Online Service, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details you wish to process. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct. The transaction shall be deemed binding at the time the confirmation screen is displayed. You should print the transaction confirmation for future reference and your files. JCL shall have no accountability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of providing Online Services or for loss of data or information caused by factors outside of institute’s control.
In case of any technical issue found in online fee payment, such as:
- During the online payment through credit/debit card if the payment gets debited and the internet goes down due to some external server malfunction or any other similar happening.
- The system fails to generate the required acknowledgment due to internet malfunction.
We shall not be responsible in any case until the course fee paid by student or parent is credited in to the Bank Account of the institute. If credited into our account, the refund policy will be applicable as per the institute norms.
REFUND POLICY FOR E-LEARNING COURSES
- JCL Admission / Registration Fee Refund:No refund of Admission / Registration Fee shall be made under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Refund Before Registration:If any student pays the fee for any of the course and wants to withdraw/ask for refund before Registering for course with the Institute, the Admission Fee will not be refunded, PDCs will be given back to the student, if any. The Admission / Registration fee & applicable GST (Currently 18%) will not be refunded.
- If any student drops out after enrollment into any course / drops out in between the session and asks for refund, he/she will not get any refund as per refund policy as stated above.