Certification in Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology
One of its kind Online Certification Course in ‘Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology’ by Jehangir Centre for Learning (JCL) India
There is a growing demand for geneticists in the Health Service, in particular to run genetic counseling and diagnostics services in the coming personalized medicine revolution. Molecular genetics methods are also used extensively in forensic science for the detection of crime, as well as in hospital diagnostics laboratories for disease diagnosis. The course is designed to explain the technology, theory and practical approaches of molecular genetics methods to the diagnosis and understanding of human disease.
- The basic techniques used in the isolation of DNA and RNA from different sources
- Purifying them.
- Quantification of DNA and RNA.
- Amplifying specific gene sequences.
- Conventional and Real time PCR techniques and its principle and application.
- DNA sequencing principles and its applications.
- Cellular Analysis.
- Primer Designing.
- PCR experimental design set-up and Data Analysis
- Using these basic techniques in clinical medicine.
- Jobs in Private laboratories, Research laboratories, Government Laboratories, Research and Development department of Pharmaceutical or Biotech companies
- Add-on skills for young doctors
- New roles/ promotion in existing companies (Laboratory, Hospital, Pharmaceutical, Biotech companies etc)
- Food Industry/Agriculture & Animal husbandry
A self-paced course with two components: Theory Training via E-learning portal. 4 day practical lab training at our laboratory in Pune.
- Participants will receive an E-Certificate once they complete the theory course within the time frame.
- This includes successfully passing all the quizzes and assignments through LMS
Who can apply
- Life-Sciences graduates and Post Graduates – Chemistry, Microbiology, Botany,
- Pharmacy Graduates and Post Graduates
- Doctors (Pathologists, Microbiologists, MBBS, BAMS, BHMS)
- Medical Students
- PhD students
- Employees working in Laboratories, Hospitals, Pharmaceutical or Biotech companies
For individuals: Rs. 16,950 + 18% GST = Total Rs. 20,000.
This includes both theories as well as practicals.
- **conditions apply
- **Rights of admission are reserved
- **JCL is not affiliated to any university. Courses offered by JCL are autonomous & not approved by AICTE